Contribution to TEPE Book Series
Participants of the TEPE2022 conference are warmly invited to contribute in an edited book “Enhancing the value of teacher education research: Implications for policy and practice” that is planned for publication in the TEPE Book Series by Brill.
The purpose of the book is to help us think about the value of research in and on teacher education by exploring the various dilemmas facing teacher education research and the implications that emerge for policy and practice. Although research in and on teacher education has increased over the past decade, the value of teacher education research continues to be questioned by other academic disciplines, policymakers and even teachers themselves. To help us bridge those dilemmas, the book aims to address a number of deeper questions such as:
- What is the purpose of research in teacher education? What is the value of research-based teacher education, and what do we mean preparing teachers as researchers?
- Which are effective ways to produce a knowledge base for teacher education? What is the value of small-scale practitioner-based research and why is it important for teacher education? What kind of indicators we need for standardised monitoring studies and who should be defining them? Which are future research topics relevant for the field?
- How can teacher education research inform policy? How is policy utilising teacher education research? How is the governance of teacher education influencing research in the specific field?
- What is meaningful research for teacher education practice? How can we design research and curricula that have an optimal impact on the practice of teachers, teacher educators and student teachers? How can we avoid the risk of teacher education research becoming obsolete for the practice?
Structure of the book:
The book will be divided into four main sections focusing on:
- The value of research in teacher education: Research-based teacher education and the role of teachers and teacher educators as researchers.
- The value of research on teacher education: Innovative approaches in conducting teacher education research at pre-service and in-service levels.
- Teacher education research and policy: The potential of research to inform and evaluate the impact of policy.
- Teacher education research and practice: Designing research and curricula that are meaningful for the practice.
We welcome theoretical and empirical contributions that clearly fit under one of the book’s main thematic sections. Papers should be around 7,000 - 8,000 words including references. Manuscripts are going to be reviewed. Decisions regarding the inclusion of papers to the monograph will be based on the content and quality of the submitted papers.
Papers should be submitted before September 15, 2022.
Please send your paper as an attachment to the email address: email@example.com
Please ensure that your own manuscript is prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with the Instructions for Authors.
When writting your paper, please use the Brill Education Template to ensure that you adhere to the formatting standards of the publisher.
TEPE 2022 Administration